There are endless alternatives when it comes to cocktails. Combining tequila and cranberry juice is an intriguing combo. But does this combination work, or is it doomed to fail?
In this article, we’ll explore the combination of tequila and cranberry juice in the realm of cocktails. You’ll learn how to make this delicious drink and whether it’s a cocktail match made in heaven.
Can You Mix Tequila With Cranberry Juice?
Yes, tequila and cranberry juice can be combined. This combination has a fantastic flavor balance.
The agave aromas in tequila complement the sharpness of cranberry juice to create a pleasant and somewhat sour beverage.
The Tequila Sunrise, which blends tequila, orange juice, and a dash of cranberry juice for a colorful and fruity drink, is a popular alternative.
Whether you’re sipping a classic Cosmopolitan or creating your own concoctions, tequila and cranberry juice are a versatile and tasty combo that’s ideal for a wide range of cocktail experiences.
Drinks Made With Tequilla And Cranberry
1) Tequila Sunrise
- 2 oz. Blanco tequila
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 oz. grenadine
- Orange slice as a garnish
- Cherry as a garnish
- In a chilled, ice-filled highball glass, combine the tequila and citrus juice.
- Fill the glass halfway with grenadine, which will sink to the bottom and create a tiered look.
- Put an orange slice and a cherry on top before serving.
2) Cranberry Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila Anejo
- 2 oz. Agavero Tequila Liqueur
- 2 oz Cranberry juice
- 4 – 6 oz Lemonade
- 1 teaspoon Agave
- As a garnish
- For rimming glasses, use coarse salt.
- Lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- Season the rim of your serving glass with salt.
- Muddle the cranberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Combine ice, Anejo tequila, agave tequila liqueur, cranberry juice, lemonade, and agave in a mixing glass.
- Shake well to mix.
- In your prepared serving glass, strain over crushed ice.
- Serve with a lime wedge on the rim of the glass.
3) Cranberry Jalapeño Margarita
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberry juice (recipe follows)
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 oz. basic jalapeno syrup
- 1/2 ounces lime juice, freshly squeezed
Homemade Cranberry Juice
- 5 cups water
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries (1 bag)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed (or 2 star anise)
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
Brush the glass rim with lime juice (you can also use simple syrup, but it may be a little spicy, so only use it if you like spiciness!).
Then, turn upside down on a tiny dish with coarse salt or sugar to coat the rim. Fill the glass halfway with ice.
In a shaker with ice, mix the cranberry juice, tequila, simple syrup, and lime juice. Shake the drink hard and pour it into the glass.
Glasses should be garnished with cranberries and jalapeno slices.
Home-Made Cranberry Juice
In a large saucepan, bring the water and cranberries to a boil. Reduce to a low heat, add the spices, and cook for 20-25 minutes, covered.
To extract the liquid, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer (discard the cranberry mash or keep it for further use).
Return the liquid to the saucepan over low heat and whisk in the sugar and lime juice.
Pour into a heat-resistant basin or pitcher and leave in the refrigerator to chill completely before using.
4) Christmas Cranberry Margarita
- 1 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup of cranberry juice
- half a cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh
- Easy Syrup
- 2 c. water
- 1 cup of sugar
- Stir together the first five ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Fill your glasses halfway with ice.
- Fill the glasses with margaritas.
- Garnish with lime wedges and cranberries if desired.
Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small pot over high heat. Continue cooking for 5 minutes with the heat reduced to medium. Place out to chill. The syrup can be stored for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
5) Tequila Cranberry Cocktail
- 10 ounces cranberry juice, sweetened
- 4 ounces tequila
- cubes of ice
- Place all of the ingredients in a shaker and gently shake to combine.
- Fill glasses halfway with the mixed mixture.
- Alternatively, simply pour everything into glasses, swirl, and serve.
Tequila and cranberry juice combine to create a plethora of intriguing cocktail combinations. Whether you want a classic Cosmopolitan or a lively Tequila Sunrise, this pair provides a refreshing and zesty experience that will satisfy your taste buds. So, the next time you want to shake up your cocktail routine, opt for a bottle of tequila and a dash of cranberry juice.
Thanks for reading. I hope you find it helpful.